Kamalar Tabor, Pilates Instructor
Kamalar is a lifelong mover, and learner. Growing up in St. Paul, she began dancing at 4 years old, studying Russian Ballet throughout high school, performing in pointe shoes & tutus. She continued her dance studies at the University of Minnesota, graduating with a BFA in dance in 2006. After college, Kamalar immediately enrolled in Pilates training at SweatShop Fitness in Saint Paul. Pilates opened a new world and her passion for teaching others emerged, as she worked as a dance teacher, Pilates instructor and personal trainer for years.
Kamalar’s interest in women’s-specific fitness really grew after the birth of her first son in 2016, with a deep curiosity about diastasis recti as her own body had changed and had new challenges. It became apparent that there was a real need for information and training for pregnant clients and women’s health issues. This led her to form Breathing Bodies Pilates in 2017; she teamed with the Pilates House in Hopkins, at Core Pilates & Yoga in St. Paul, and in NorthEast Minneapolis in her own shared space or at NE Fitness, as she continued to work during a second pregnancy in 2019.
Kamalar is excited to bring her focus, zest, and compassion to teaching at Sunu. She truly believes in this work, and the need for women’s specific focused fitness particularly during and after pregnancy. Whether you are pregnant or want to become pregnant, had children years ago, or never had children but struggle with pelvic floor dysfunction like leaking, Kamalar is here to help. We can do better, I promise.
Kamalar Tabor currently sees patients at our Linden Hills location and virtually.
Try one of her virtual classes for free! Sign up here.
Certifications & Associations
:: NETA (National Exercise Trainer’s Association) Group Fitness Certification
:: 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training – LifePower, Lifetime Fitness
:: DONA (Doula Organization of North America) Birth Doula trained
:: MUTU PRO Certification
:: TRX Qualified
- Pilates for Injuries & Special Populations, SweatShop Pilates
- 85 hour PreNatal Yoga Teacher Training – completed module 1 or first 14 hours under Jennifer Colletti’s direction
- Mentor Series – Prenatal/Postpartum & Understanding the Pelvic Floor – Paragon Pilates under Cari Riis Stemmler
- The Power of Possibility – introductory Life Coach certification course by Learning Journeys
- NASM Women’s Health Specialization (in progress)
- WellCoaches Health Coaching Core Program (in progress)
○ 60 min MUTU individual training sessions
○ 60 min virtual group Pilates classes
○ 60 min virtual group MUTU classes
Great atmosphere, awesome staff, and excellent service equals me feeling better, physically & mentally! I no longer feel tired during the day! AWESOMENESS!