Adrienne Caldwell, Massage Therapist
Adrienne C. Caldwell is a Board Certified Licensed Massage Therapist who specializes in prenatal and postnatal massage and bodywork. She has earned a Bachelor of Arts in music performance and a Bachelor of Science is biology. Her continued studies in massage and bodywork have earned her National Certification in Reflexology, Certification in Orthopedic Massage and Bodywork, and Preceptor status for Kate Jordan’s Massage and Bodywork for the Childbearing Year. Adrienne continues her studies with midwives, cutting edge instructors, and visionaries in birth and bodywork. Adrienne has been an instructor in massage and bodywork for the last ten years, has a private practice, and serves as labor support for families in the metro area.
Adrienne currently sees clients at our Minnetonka location.
Certifications & Associations
- Pre-Natal and Post-Partum Massage
- Orthopedic Massage
What to expect at your first appointment with Adrienne
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to your first appointment to fill out a brief Sunu Intake with Policies and Consent form.
- You will spend anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes with Adrienne doing a more specific intake and getting to know one another. Her “Paperwork” is filled out by Adrienne as you are chatting and telling your story.
- You will remain clothed. Please dress for movement. Wear shorts, sweats, yoga pants, t-shirt, or tank tops for your appointment. Please no denim. It is very challenging to feel the nuances of the tissue through denim.
- If, on the very rare occasion, you are in need of a full body massage, then you will be asked to disrobe in privacy, and slip under a sheet. Full draping is used at all times and modesty is maintained. Adrienne uses full body massage as a therapeutic tool. This means it is not the norm in her office. Adrienne’s real skill lies in focused, structural work.
- Adrienne will do a quick structural assessment. This means she will evaluate your posture, gait (she usually does that as you walk in the office), and how you move. This allows her to quickly form a treatment plan to best fit your needs for the day.
- You will lie on the table face up or in side-lying position.
- The hands-on will begin. All sessions are fully integrated. Adrienne strives to respect people’s knowledge of their own bodies but will educate you about your anatomy and soft tissue function as she works. This is part of your education and taking control of your own path to wellness.
- You will be asked to move around several times during the session. Cushions and pillows are used generously to keep you as comfortable as possible.
An Amazing Experience
An amazing experience—everyone at SuNu seems to genuinely care about my health/care/well-being through the questions they ask and the care they provide. My life has improved ever since seeing SuNu for regular visits. SuNu is WAY COOL!!! BE HEALTHY!!!