Proper Nutrition is the basis for optimum health and well being.
Nutrition is a key element of good health. Holistic nutrition is the modern natural approach to developing a healthy balanced diet while taking into account the person as whole. Holistic health is an approach to treating a person’s well being by taking into consideration all aspects of life. A long term course of action includes emotional and spiritual health along with the physical body. Modern traditional medicine tends to focus on treating symptoms rather than finding the root cause. If a person is experiencing a symptom or chronic condition, the problem has most likely been developing for some time. The goal of holistic nutrition is to facilitate a health recovery plan as well as build a strong foundation for long term optimum health. Sunu’s Dietitian Nutritionist Erin can work with you to design a personalized nutrition program to help to recover and protect your health, prevent allergic reactions and alleviate symptoms of many disorders.
Nutrition Testing at Sunu
Sunu now provides complete nutrition testing and analyzation. Wondering if you could benefits from nutrition testing? An adverse reaction to food may show up as a weakened immune system, rashes, achy joints, eczema, fatigue, etc. Symptoms may also be as simple as any perceptible change in how we feel and/or function.
Other possible signs that you have a food sensitivity:
- Moodiness, brain fog, headaches
- Food cravings
- Joint pain
- Acne, rosacea, dark circles
- Gas, bloating, constipation
See the below section for all Nutrition Testing Package options. Call Sunu Minnetonka for more information.
Micronutrient Status Testing with Erin via Spectracell Laboratories
Overwhelming scientific evidence confirms that vitamin deficiencies are associated with disease processes and the overall condition of one’s health. (Click here to find out if you have any symptoms of vitamin/mineral deficiency!) Vitamin, mineral, and antioxidant deficiencies have been shown to suppress immune function and contribute to chronic degenerative processes. Standard lab tests do not measure if nutrients are properly functioning within the body. Spectracell Laboratories developed their exclusive patented micronutrient tests to measure the function of over 40 vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other essential micronutrients within your cells. Analysis can reveal a person’s functional nutrient status over a longer period of time than conventional serum testing.
But I eat pretty well, exercise, and take a multi-vitamin, won’t that cover it?!
Unfortunately, the answer is no. This is due to a multitude of reasons:
- Biochemical individuality: Because each of us is metabolically and biochemically unique, the micronutrient requirements for one person may be quite different than the requirements of another. Your genetic makeup may also make you more prone to certain nutrient deficiencies regardless of sufficient intake.
- Absorption: you are not what you eat, you are what you are able to digest and absorb. Although you may eat a balanced diet, if you do not absorb vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and/or other essential micronutrients properly, you will have deficiencies.
- Acute and chronic illness: Health conditions of all types (diabetes, fatigue, GI disorders, hormone imbalances, infertility, to name a few) can all be affected, directly or indirectly, by micronutrient deficiencies.
- Aging: Our micronutrient requirements at age 30 are quite different from our requirements at ages 40, 50, and beyond. Absorption difficulties and increased demand are common as we age.
- Lifestyle: Excessive physical activity or inactivity, medications, smoking, alcohol and poor sleep patterns all impact micronutrient demands. SpectraCell’s micronutrient testing is the only test that takes all the above factors and many others into consideration to identify your nutrient status. With this information, specific deficiencies that could negatively influence your health may be corrected.
Step One: Blood Draw. Cost: $190 with most insurance plans, $390 without insurance
Blood draws can be completed at various clinics around the Metro area. Test results are obtained approximately 2-3 weeks post submission.
Step Two: Lab Interpretation Visit. Cost: $150
This 30-45 minute Lab Interpretation visit is scheduled for around 3 weeks after Lab Work is sent in. Visit includes an in-depth analysis of the findings with personalized supplement and diet intervention recommendations (cost of supplements not included). Erin will contact you to schedule your interpretation visit.
Erin Barnes, RD, Integrative and Functional Nutrition Specialist (Minnetonka)
Erin Barnes is an Integrative and Functional nutrition specialist and traditional food enthusiast whose goal is to help her clients achieve vitality through a holistic, personalized approach to health and healing.
Through her work with hundreds of clients and through navigating her own health and healing journey, Erin has learned to embody a simple, approachable, non-diet, food-first philosophy.
Read more about Erin.